Sunday, March 9, 2014

Plastic bin revamp!

This song was playing in my head while I wrote this at work.  Enjoy the love of Jesus, friends.  He is always there guiding us through it all.




I love Pinterest and from time to time I actually get to create one of the fun diy projects I so laboriously pin to a board with a promise to myself that one day I will do several projects to accent my home or fill my belly.  Unfortunately, I am like most Pinteresters (I like making up words, sue me), in that I don't often get much further than the actual pinning.  Sometimes I will shop around for the items I need to create a project, mainly because shopping is so fun though.  During winter break I got a creative hair up my butt and did some fancy projects from my Pinterest page.

I also made some smoothies and tried some exercises but you won't catch me bragging about those!

I saw a Pin long ago that I thought was just the cutest and smartest idea.  The creator took cheap plastic drawers and mod podged some handsome matching scrap book paper to the drawers to hide the contents.  I instantly remembered my big sis (a very fashionable and posh little lady) expressing distaste for the plastic bins she kept in her spare bath to hold her large assortment of hair junk because she was embarrassed people could see her unorganized "mess."  I of course instantly sent her the link and she exclaimed over the lovely images but I'd bet $1,000 she never tried to fix up her bins.

But I did...

This one I did for Lo's bedroom.
Here is the before:
 

And here is the after:

 


The next one I did for all of my hair and nail supplies.  

The beginning:

 

And the end:

 

I want to share my secrets with you all.  This is kind of annoying project if you don't know how to cheat at measuring the bins.  I found a YouTube video that showed a lovely school teacher using a square of wax paper cut to width and height of the the bin.  She used her nail to mark where the handle was centered on the front of the bin and then used this as her template.  Genius!

The second tip I have for you is my own idea.  I used wrapping paper instead of the suggested scrap book paper.  It was far more pliable and I could use what I already had in the house!

Hope you enjoy!  Happy pinning!

No comments: