Sunday, May 15, 2016

Unitask

It sucks when people don't listen to you. When I speak I say what I feel. I'm not the type to beat around the bush. I find it difficult to understand people when they have duplicitous meanings to their words. I feel that if everyone would be straight with one another the world would be a much happier place. 

I've been sick all weekend. Missed two graduation parties. But dutifully dove my mom back and forth to Fro Ro so she could attend the DC party. Other than that I've been in bed dying. I have a sore throat, cough, runny nose, and my back and abs hurt from coughing. Now I'm up late cause I slept all day. When I saw sister she asked if I was felling better. I said no. When brother texted me he asked if I was doing better. I said no. When I picked up mum she asked me twice in the span of 10 minutes if I was better. Both times I said no. So I finally get home and am sleeping when I get wake to a text from sister:

"I'm home. Glad you're feeling better,  Natalie. Hope tomorrow is even better!"

Seriously. I often wonder how I was born into this family. It's weird when people only see or hear what they want to see or hear. Why ask if you don't care enough to listen?! It makes no sense! 

Lesson: If you are in such a rush all of the time it can be difficult to absorb what is around you. Live in the moment. Be on time. Stop over scheduling yourselves. Work on unitasking and you won't need to multitask. When we multitask little bits of information go unacknowledged. 

No comments: