Monday, February 25, 2008

A new lesson

I had my first court date on February 15 for my DUI. Even though it was just a preliminary hearing where they lecture you about the perils of drunk driving and the use of drugs, I was pretty nervous. I wasn't sure what to expect exactly.

My friend Wade said that he would go with me as moral support but he bailed because he had gotten too drunk the night before. Why do people offer to help if they don't want to actually help. It's stupid. I hadn't even thought about taking anyone with me until he asked if I needed a friend. Douche bag...whatever.

So the night before I go out with Abbie and some of her friends to the Brew Pub. Big mistake. Abbie is pretty mean when she drinks red wine for some reason and apparently that's what they had been slurping before they picked me up at Glory Days.

She fought with the bartender and then when I got a server to bring us our drinks right away she began to go off on him for the bartender's lack of acknowledgement towards her. In other words, she was being a real bitch!

So I'm talking to my friend Eric(who's in the program) about computer tech when she decides she is ready to leave. She starts kirking out so I tell her to just leave but ask if she could get her ride to pull up to front door so that I could grab my bookbag (one of the joys of not driving is that I get to carry around my bookbag full of work crap everywhere) out of the car. She's cool with that and leaves a little later. Next thing I know she comes stomping in carrying my bag and looking pissed. I found out later it was because she had to walk the 5 steps to bring it to me.

My night continues to get better as I am invited to stay with boy I've been crushing on. We both decide it's a good idea for me to stay at his house since it's downtown and I won't have to attempt to find a ride to court in the morning. Big mistake.

Lesson here kids: Don't sleep with a guy until you really know him well. And of course I don't mean sex. That's an obvious statement. What I mean is that when you snore very loud while sleeping don't assume that the guy will still like you the next morning after you have kept him up all night.

How embarrassing...

No comments: